Are you Shetland Reel's next Taste Pioneer?
Shetland Distillery Company is the the first ever, and only distillery, in Shetland - distilling gin since 2014 on the UK’s most northerly Island. To produce our award-winning gins on our remote island we must battle against the elements and the challenges it presents us. We are very proud of our island and feel that each bottle represents the adventure and determination it takes to prosper on the outer reaches of the UK.
We are looking for a talented mixologist to create a cocktail that represents Shetland Reel and its northerly island home. Your taste pioneer entry will come in the form of a cocktail judged by a team of experts – it must reflect the three key areas of importance for Shetland Reel Gin:
- Spirit of adventure
- Where the distillery is based: The Shetland Islands
- Originality in flavour: using unique botanicals and distinctive taste in our gins.
- Meet above brief
- Must use Shetland Reel’s core gin range (Original/Ocean Sent/Simmer)
- Cocktail must be presented in 5 minutes – we want to hear your thinking and inspirations for your cocktail.
- Must contain no more than 6 ingredients
- Gin provided but specialty ingredients/unique glass ware cannot be
- You must be able to attend either the Edinburgh heat or the London heat, both, on the 23rd April. The final will be held in London for which your travel will be arranged.
The top three competitors from the Edinburgh and London heats will be invited to attend our final in London.
To enter please send the recipe, a bit about yourself e.g. what bar you work for etc., and your inspirations for the drink. Deadline Monday 16th April.
Edinburgh Entries: email@example.com
London Entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will become the Shetland Taste Pioneer for the year and will get an all expenses trip to Shetland to explore our magical islands and distil your very own gin with our Master Distiller Stuart Nickerson! You will receive a share of the bottles produced and will have your winning cocktail along with future creations promoted at our events and through social media.